What's New in our Initiatives
Aspen Valley Ranch
2014 Venetucci Farm CSA will go on sale on February 1, 2014.
Please check out Arkansas Valley Growers another great CSA program in our area.
The Living Close to Home Series classes on Gardening, Farming, Nutrition, and Sustainability Classes For Adults, Children or Families
Mobile Music Project
The Mobile Music Project, a human-powered music venue, emphasizes the importance of a healthy bike culture and the impact that music and art have on our daily lives.
Take a look at all Pikes Peak Urban Gardens has going on right now, including upcoming gardening classes:
Check out the new coffee blend that supports the efforts at UpaDowna!
UpaDowna was founded with the mission of getting folks off of the couch and out into the wild.
Join Venetucci Farm:
The Pikes Peak Community Foundation believes that to effectively impact one's community, a broad-scale approach is required. We don't just advance community philanthropy through donor-advised funds, designated funds, fiscal sponsor services, and grant-making to non-profits; we also offer a wide range of local impact initiatives designed to advance health, wellness, and cultural activities in the Pikes Peak region.
Creating Community Sustainability
- Venetucci Farm/Pinello Ranch (local organic food and animal husbandry)
- Pikes Peak Urban Gardens (community gardens, small-scale urban agriculture)
- Aspen Valley Ranch (sustainable living skills such as working with wood, stone, metal; high-altitude gardening; alternate energy solutions, forestry, etc.)
Advancing the Arts
- Aspen Valley Ranch (art and music workshops, projects, shows, and performances)
- Fund for the Arts (support for local arts organizations and individual artists)
- Collaboration with Smokebrush Foundation and the Woodland Park Arts Alliance
- Venetucci Farm/Pinello Ranch (focused on local food, nutrition, wellness, health, sustainability, etc.)
- Aspen Valley Ranch (wide variety of workshops, classes, seminars)
- Peak Education (mentoring and scholarship support for talented, underserved students in Harrison District 2)
- Scholarship Funds (variety of types)
- Pikes Peak Conservation Fund (primarily dedicated to open space, conservation easements, catalyst for overall conservation efforts)
- Mary Starsmore Fund (dedicated to Starsmore Center, N. Cheyenne Canon Park, Stratton Open Space)
Creating Local Community Impact
- UpaDowna (raise awareness and appreciation for the outdoors by providing fun and educational adventures for all ages and experience levels)
Encouraging Social Entrepreneurs
- Symposium on Philanthropy in the New Economy
- Venture Fund
- Pikes Peak Real Estate Foundation (encouraging positive community impact using real estate properties)
- Ingenuity Grants
Helping Nonprofit Organizations
- Grant making (board-directed; discretionary)
- Donor-advised funds and donor-designated grants (wide variety of fund types)
- Convening Fund (designed to pull together people around a common idea or beneficial purpose)
- Fiscal sponsorship services (examples include Stop Family Violence, Fountain Creek Restoration Project)
- Establishing endowment funds (the “one-percent solution”)
Planned Giving Support and Services
- Special Funds
- Erikson Fund (for visually impaired and blind citizens)