Good Bugs, Bad Bugs, Beyond Bugs - 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Grades K-5 - Tuesdays and Thursdays
To Register please contact David Rudin, Education Coordinator, 389-1251, x 112.
All through the gardens and fields at Venetucci Farm live a variety of small, wild creatures, some we encourage and some we discourage. In the end we seek a balance between the helpful and the harmful.
Come join us for a hands-on exploration of the many creepy crawlies that live on our farm. Students will catch, identify and learn the life history of a variety of farmer’s pests and friends.
- Arthropods have certain characteristics
- There are 5 groups of arthropods
- Some arthropods help farmers and some are harmful
- At Venetucci we try to reach a balance between the two without using chemicals
- What is the “pesticide treadmill” and how does it affect our farming practices
- Common orders of insects
- Intro to Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
Colorado Science Standards:
(Venetucci Farm’s policy is to not turn away groups due to financial need. Please contact David Rudin, Education Coordinator in such instances).
- ALL CLASSES HAVE A 20 STUDENT MINIMUM REQUIREMENT.
- TEACHERS AND CHAPERONES ARE ENCOURAGED AND ARE NOT CHARGED AN ATTENDANCE FEE.
- SUGGESTED RATIO IS 1 ADULT PER 5 STUDENTS (COUNTING THE CLASSROOM TEACHER AND 1 STAFF FROM VENETUCCI).
- ALL CLASSES ARE HELD OUTDOORS. PLEASE DRESS FOR THE WEATHER, AND HAVE STUDENTS BRING THE FOLLOWING : *Water bottles *Sunscreen *Closed Toe Shoes. STUDENTS MIGHT ALSO NEED: *Warm clothes and rain jackets
For more information on educational programs, to schedule a class or tour please contact David Rudin, email@example.com, 389-1251, x112.