What is a Community Foundation?
Community foundations are charitable organizations created through gifts from thousands of people who care about a particular geographic area. Donors can contribute any amount of money to a community foundation, which invests these gifts to benefit the community in the future. Community foundations make grants that strengthen their community, as well as design and launch charitable projects that make positive impacts on the quality of life in their area.
Community foundations are carefully designed to operate in perpetuity, meaning that gifts made to them will continue to grow and provide resources for that specific community forever. There are more than 700 community foundations throughout the United States today.
Pikes Peak Community Foundation is a dynamic charitable foundation dedicated to improving the quality of life in our region.
We understand that philanthropy strengthens communities, so we strive to advance community philanthropy in multiple ways:
- We help people achieve their charitable goals, including through their estate plans.
- We make grants that help nonprofit organizations achieve their missions.
- We connect donors to the ideas they care about and to important needs in our community.
- We create permanent endowment funds to benefit our community.
- We educate people about philanthropy and encourage them to act on their interests by becoming philanthropists.
- We own and operate long-term, sustainable projects (Venetucci Farm, Aspen Valley Ranch, Fund for the Arts, etc.) that benefit our region.