Pinello Ranch is an innovative partnership between Pikes Peak Community Foundation (PPCF) and Colorado Springs Utilities. Colorado Springs Utilities purchased Pinello Ranch decades ago. PPCF has signed a long-term lease to bring Pinello back to life as a working farm and ranch.
Located just south of Colorado Springs and adjacent to the historic Venetucci Farm, Pinello Ranch serves as an oasis for wildlife along Fountain Creek. Together, Pinello Ranch and Venetucci Farm have created a 400-acre working landscape and natural habitat. It’s one of the largest “working open spaces” in a heavily-populated metro area anywhere in the nation.
- Check out the Avocet, Pinello Ranch’s Annual Newsletter
- Most recent Bird Species List for Pinello Ranch
- School Programs: Ranching and Wildlife at Pinello Ranch
- Outlining our Ecological Vision Planning for Venetucci Farm and Pinello Ranch
- Check out this great article on Pinello Ranch in the Colorado Springs Gazette!
Volunteer Opportunities: There are lots of great ways to connect with Pinello Ranch. Email David Rudin, Education Coordinator at Venetucci Farm and Pinello Ranch, to learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directions: Take South Academy Exit from I-25, exit #135. At the bottom of the exit ramp, turn left heading north on Academy Blvd. Approximately 1/4 mile on right exit onto Hwy 85. Turn right onto Hwy 85 and take first right into Pinello Ranch. Drive straight, passing through the main gate, down a hill and you will be shown where to park.