Fund for the Arts Grant Application Guidelines
PPCF gives priority to high-impact initiatives that provide maximum benefit for our community. In addition, we prefer to fund specific programs and projects that demonstrate measureable results.
Submit an Initial Inquiry
If your organization fits the priorities listed here, you may submit an initial inquiry through our online grant application portal at https://www.GrantRequest.com/SID_1929?SA=SNA&FID=35018.
We accept Initial Inquiries on a rolling basis all year (no fixed deadlines).
If invited to submit a Grant Proposal
You will receive an email with a link to the online application. To complete the application, you will need access to the following information:
- Required Narrative (Recommended maximum length: three pages)
- Specific purpose of the funds requested
- Need for and expected impact of the project in the community
- Description of how the funds would be expended
- Statement of how you will measure the success of the project
Make sure you address these questions in the proposal:
- Does the proposal address community needs efficiently and cost effectively?
- Does the organization operate with optimal staff and make maximum use of volunteers?
- Do 100 percent of board members make a personal financial contribution and volunteer their time to the organization?
- Does the organization demonstrate sound fiscal management practices?
- Does the organization avoid duplicating existing programs or services?
- Does the organization collaborate with others providing similar services?
- Does the organization identify outcomes resulting from possible funding?
Required Baseline Information:
- Organization contact information and one-paragraph history
- Key personnel and their brief qualifications
- Amount requested
- List of other recent grants received and other grant applications pending
- List of Board of Directors and their principal occupations
- Copy of IRS tax-exempt letter
- Names, titles, and phone/email for three professionals (not board or staff) who can serve as references for the work of your organization
- Signature of either Executive Director or Board Chair certifying that this grant application has been approved for submission by the Board of Directors Required Financial Information
- Current fiscal year-to-date balance sheet
- Current fiscal year-to-date actual income and actual expenses compared to board-approved budget PPCF reserves the right to request additional information such as the 990 IRS tax return or most recent audit/financial review.
Please be aware that, in general, successful grant recipients may only receive one grant in each 12-month period of time.