Fund for the Arts Grant Application Guidelines
PPCF gives priority to high-impact initiatives that provide maximum benefit for our community. In addition, we prefer to fund specific programs and projects that demonstrate measureable results.
Submit a Letter of Intent
If your organization fits the priorities listed here, you may submit a Letter of Intent.
We accept Letters of Intent on a rolling basis all year (no fixed deadlines).
Your one-page letter should contain the following information:
- Amount requested
- Specific purpose for the funds requested
- Need for the project in the community
- How the funds will be expended
- How success will be measured
- Information about the organization and the contact person
Three Submittal Options
- (Preferred) Email your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Fax your letter to 719-389-1252
- Mail your letter to:
Pikes Peak Community Foundation
730 N. Nevada Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Our staff and Grant Committee will review all letters. If your organization receives a favorable response, you will be invited to submit a full grant proposal, and in some cases, schedule a site visit.
If invited, submit a Grant Proposal
Full grant proposals should contain the following information:
- Required Narrative (Recommended maximum length: three pages)
- Specific purpose of the funds requested
- Need for and expected impact of the project in the community
- Description of how the funds would be expended
- Statement of how you will measure the success of the project
Make sure you address these questions in the proposal:
- Does the proposal address community needs efficiently and cost effectively?
- Does the organization operate with optimal staff and make maximum use of volunteers?
- Do 100 percent of board members make a personal financial contribution and volunteer their time to the organization?
- Does the organization demonstrate sound fiscal management practices?
- Does the organization avoid duplicating existing programs or services?
- Does the organization collaborate with others providing similar services?
- Does the organization identify outcomes resulting from possible funding?
Required Baseline Information:
- Organization contact information and one-paragraph history
- Key personnel and their brief qualifications
- Amount requested
- List of other recent grants received and other grant applications pending
- List of Board of Directors and their principal occupations
- Copy of IRS tax-exempt letter
- Names, titles, and phone/email for three professionals (not board or staff) who can serve as references for the work of your organization
- Signature of either Executive Director or Board Chair certifying that this grant application has been approved for submission by the Board of Directors Required Financial Information
- Current fiscal year-to-date balance sheet
- Current fiscal year-to-date actual income and actual expenses compared to board-approved budget PPCF reserves the right to request additional information such as the 990 IRS tax return or most recent audit/financial review.
Please be aware that, in general, successful grant recipients may only receive one grant in each 12-month period of time.