Our origin dates back to 1928 with the creation of the Colorado Springs Community Trust by visionary citizens who believed that the Pikes Peak Region needed a way to build a permanent charitable endowment to improve the quality of life in our community. The Trust was a collection of separate trusts managed by three local banks: US Bank, Bank One, and Wells Fargo.
In 1996, Board members of the Community Trust determined that establishing a community foundation would best serve the needs of philanthropists and a growing community. In 1998, Pikes Peak Community Foundation and the Colorado Springs Community Trust begin operating alongside each other with combined administrative and grantmaking objectives. The Colorado Springs Community Trust was fully dissolved into Pikes Peak Community Foundation in 2009.
Since the first grant was made more than 90 years ago, the Community Foundation has made more than an estimated $125 million investment in our region.