As a community foundation, we hold multiple funds with specified purposes. Some of those funds are focused on a priority area as defined by a donor, other are in response to community needs, and others are for individual scholarships.
In 2017, Pikes Peak Community Foundation granted $4.3 million to nonprofits. A total of 97% of these grants came directly at the recommendation of donor advised funds. This leaves just 3% (approximately $150,000) at the discretion of the staff and board of Pikes Peak Community Foundation. We seek to find highly leveraged and effective approaches to the grants that are made.
There are three main funds through which community grants are made – Everett Charitable Trust, Gerald Erikson Trust and Fund for the Arts. Edson Foundation has an independent advisory board. Please click on the links to the right to learn more about each of these grant programs.