The Enterprise Zone: Where Giving Gives Back to You
Looking to maximize your tax deductions?
Through the El Paso County Enterprise Zone, there’s an easy way to make a charitable gift of $1,000 that only costs about $400.
We’re proud to say that both the Pikes Peak Community Foundation, Venetucci Farm, and the Greenway Legacy Loop Fund are members of the Enterprise Zone. By donating to PPCF and/or these two great initiatives, you’re not only helping us improve the quality of life in our community, you are also getting an additional tax credit through the Enterprise Zone. For example, if you gave $1,000 to either PPCF, Venetucci Farm or the Greenway Fund through the Enterprise Zone, you’d receive a $250 Enterprise Zone state tax credit, plus an estimated $300 charitable tax deduction on your federal taxes and an estimated $50 tax deduction on your Colorado taxes. That means your $1,000 gift cost about $400 out-of-pocket.
How does it work?
To take advantage of this great tax credit for yourself or your business, you must make a minimum $250 donation. Simply make the check payable to “El Paso County Enterprise Zone,” and note on the memo line that the donation is for either PPCF, Venetucci Farm or the Fountain Creek Watershed Greenway Fund.
Send the check to our offices:
Pikes Peak Community Foundation
730 N. Nevada Ave., Colorado Springs 80903
You can Donate To:
Other important details:
- You’ll need to include your tax ID or social security number on the check for proper tax crediting by the Enterprise Zone administrator.
- A gift of securities of at least $500 value is eligible for a 12.5 percent state tax credit, as long as the securities are transferred directly to the Enterprise Zone. We can help you get this done.
- An in-kind contribution may also be eligible for a 12.5 percent state tax credit. We can help with this, too.
- Please be aware that the Enterprise Zone retains a 3.5 percent administrative fee from each donation. PPCF and Venetucci Farm don’t assess any fees at all.
- PPCF and Venetucci each have $750,000 of qualifying tax credits available to donors. Act now to use this great tax advantage!
Please contact us for more information or for assistance with your donation. You can email us, or call (719) 389-1251. As always, we are most grateful for your support of our work to enhance the quality of life in the Pikes Peak region.