Opening a Donor Advised Fund allows you to make a gift to your community foundation, then remain actively involved in suggesting uses for your gift.
How it works
- You make a gift to your community foundation—you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- We set up a special fund in your name,in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- You recommend uses for the fund—working with our professional program staff to support the causes and organizations you care about most.
- Your recommendations are presented to our community foundation board for approval.
- We handle all the administrative details and issue grants to charities in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs.
- Your gift—and all future earnings from your gift—is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
For more information on opening a Donor Advised Fund, please contact Nikki McComsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-389-1251.